CBD is known to have immense benefits for one’s body; however, if you’re using CBD for the first time, you must be skeptical of how long CBD stays in your body. While some may have a misconception about how CBD may affect the brain, others may want to know how long does CBD oil take to work for anxiety. In this blog, let’s look at how long CBD stays in our bodies when consumed in different forms.
How Long Does CBD Stay in Your System?
When you consume CBD, it is stored in the fat cells rather than the water cells, making it fat-soluble. The time CBD stays in your system entirely relies on your Body Mass Index; the higher it is, the longer CBD will remain in your body. Here are some other factors on which CBD’s stay in your system depends:
- Dosage: The higher amounts of CBD intake, the longer it takes to flush CBD out of your body.
- Tolerance: Everybody is different, so are its reactions to CBD intake. You can build up your tolerance by increasing the intake number.
- Consumed Forms: Different CBD edibles have different effects on your body depending upon the CBD concentration.
- Metabolism: People having a solid metabolism rate can flush out CBD faster from their bodies.
- Food: The type of food you’ve consumed before or after CBD intake can enhance/delay CBD’s stay in your system.
How Long Does CBD Last?
CBD vanishes from the body quite quickly. In research involving 14 patients, each one was given a 700 mg of CBD edible a day orally for about a month and a half. Gradually, the average plasma level tumbled to 1.5 ng/mL seven days after the last portion and was invisible after that. Experts have confirmed that CBD stays for 2 to 5 days.
Generally, it takes 5.5 days for a medication to be dissolved entirely from the system, so CBD taken orally would leave the body in around 11-28 days; however, it could be challenging to identify a blood test before that.
How Long Does CBD Stay in Your Hair?
Hair tests are known for being able to recognize drugs for a long time. These tests can identify the THC metabolites in CBD for up to a quarter of a year after oral consumption. Nonetheless, hair tests are likewise highly unprecedented to THC and CBD.
How Does CBD Leave Your Body?
Here are a few ways to flush out CBD from your body.
- Hydrate Yourself
- Drinking more water speeds up urination, and hence helps in CBD disposal faster. You need to drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day to speed up the process.
- Increase Fiber Intake in Your Diet
Since CBD exits the body as a waste, a high fiber diet can accelerate the process. If you need to get CBD out of your body, avoid greasy food and eat more beans, organic products, and vegetables.